Monday, February 1, 2010

89.) Where the Big Boys Play

We have been sitting under the tail end of Cyclone Olga. It is now a tropical low in the center of QLD. But we are getting some good rain, some great lightning and lots of wind (but out of the east). The surf was up to 1.5 m and I was told the swells out back were 6-8 ft. This is the terrain where only the big boys go to play.

Well - this is Micah (he is but a youth not yet in college) who was the only one out there. It was simply thrashing. Mental. The sign for the SLC read "Remains of stingers....Not to good at all ... be very careful". There was not a soul in the water.

Today my fear and sense of self-preservation outweighed my need for adrenaline. Maybe next year my survival skills will have decayed enough and I will venture out in such conditions....



The conditions were MUCH worse than these videos indicate. Much worse....





No comments: