Sunday, June 8, 2008

9) Bond, as in "James"...... not stirred




Bond University - my new academic home. I started classes (SAD II) two days after we arrived on the Gold Coast. A tremendous change from CU - only five students in my class this term! It is a small and quite beautiful campus, great technology support (that I am still learning), and a highly international student body.
[Left - view from my office. Above: "The Arch" (where my office is) from across the fountain]

Bond prides itself on being only one of two private universities in AU. It has the highest faculty/student ratio in AU, highest student satisfaction ratings, highest graduate starting salaries and some of the best measures of any AU university. Of course, it is all in what you chose as measures! But it has great research support for a small school with limited access to gov't monies and has great facilities.

That is the famous shark fountain ["don't swim in there mate! th'ar only little ones but they'll take a mean bite outa'ya! Too right!"] The ocean - the ENTIRE S Pacific!) is beyond that tall building in the back right. 8 minutes on a bike!

No comments: